Yesterday a decided to give my pair a good warm soak to (hopefully) improve things a bit. I must admit I’m glad I did, as the fit pleases me more right now. After soaking (I sized down remember, unsanforized denim you know, tricky you know), I knew the waist would be way to small… so, immediately after the soaking procedure, I threw my legs in the 0901’s, took a deep breath, and finally buttoned them up… aghhh, very snug! After this little struggle, I changed them for a dry pair en let the soaked ones hang dry overnight.
This morning I knew they’d fit me perfectly, as they’re not not my first pair of unsanforized denim, nor my first experience with Momotaro denim. I love how stiff and carboard-like they were this morning. Also, the fit became a tad slimmer and I lost quite a bit in length, and all this is a welcome gift as well (heavy ounce (14+) denim needs a slimmer fit in my opinion…)
Below you can judge the fit yourself (and compare with the ‘before’ fit here); and again I decided not to post color pix, as there’s quite a bit of change going on and I’d like to keep that for next week :-).
Talking about tear, well… tear has set in (though in a minuscule way, some broken yarns in the fabric itself). More of that in the next post…